Programa Trabajador Electoral para Empleados del Condado
Orange County employees who volunteer to serve on Election Day will receive training on polling place operations and the County's voting equipment. Bilingual Chinese, Korean, Spanish and Vietnamese speaking employees are especially needed to meet the requirements of the federal Voting Rights Act.
Help us meet the following goals:
- Provide trained staff at polling places on Election Day
- Increase and strengthen the availability of bilingual poll workers
- Maintain a reliable force of trained poll workers
Before you sign up, please be sure you can commit to working from 6 a.m. to approximately 9:30 p.m. on Election Day and that you meet the basic volunteer qualifications. While all efforts are made to place volunteers as close to home as possible, it is not a guarantee. We do require a valid reason to cancel within 15 days of an election unless it is an emergency.
In addition to your normal day’s (8 hours) pay, you will receive:
- A stipend of $20 to complete required training
(County of Orange employees are allowed to attend required training on county time with supervisor approval. Use pay code PW on your VTI timecard.)
- A stipend of $100 to serve as a Clerk
- A stipend of $130 to serve as an Inspector, plus $10 to pick up supplies
- A stipend of $130 plus mileage to serve as a Coordinator or on A-Team member
- County of Orange employees will receive their stipend amounts included with their county payroll approximately 4 pay periods after Election Day.
(Use pay code PW on your VTI timecard for the regular hours you are scheduled for on Election Day.)
*Please note: County Poll Workers do not receive overtime or additional hours for volunteering on Election Day.
- Set up and administer designated polling place with assistance of your fellow poll workers
- Direct voters to sign in, and verify signature
- Assist voters in the operation of the electronic voting booths or paper ballot voting
- Answer voters' procedural questions
- Close polls at the end of the Election Day with assistance of your fellow poll workers
Hours of Service
- Polling places are open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Poll workers must arrive at 6 a.m.
- The assignment typically concludes at 9:30 p.m.
- If Election Day falls on your flex day or regular day off, you may speak to your Supervisor about switching your flex day for the pay period or you may volunteer on your own time.
- Sign up using our volunteer application form
- Your application will automatically be forwarded to your Supervisor for review and approval
- Your supervisor will approve or disapprove your application for the election selected
- If approved, you will be contacted by our office to discuss your assignment for Election Day
- If disapproved by your supervisor, you will be notified via email
- Please email email@example.com or call (714)567-7575.