Dear Westminster Voter,
This IMPORTANT NOTICE is being sent to inform you that in-person voting options for the Special Westminster Recall Election have been CLOSED in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to California Governor Newsom’s recent Executive Order (N-34-20), the generalized use of in-person voting may present risks to public
health and safety in light of COVID-19 and could risk undermining social distancing measures imposed by the State Public Health Officer.
The Special Recall Election will take place as a mail-ballot only election. Ballots were mailed to all voters on March 9, 2020 – you have the following options to return your ballot:
• Mail your ballot (pre-paid postage) on or before April 7, 2020
• Drop off your ballot at the Registrar of Voters’ ballot drop box no later than 8 p.m. on April 7, 2020, 1300 South Grand Avenue, Santa Ana
• Drop off your ballot at a ballot drop box located in the City of Westminster no later than 8 p.m. on April 7, 2020 (for locations visit ocvote.com/dropbox or call 714-567-7600)
• If you did not receive a ballot visit ocvote.com/replacement or call 714-567-7600
Voters with disabilities, or those impacted by COVID-19, can download an electronic ballot to their computer and mark it using their own assistive technology and then print. Voters should follow the return instructions included with the electronic ballot. To request a Remote Accessible Vote-by-Mail ballot voters can:
• Visit ocvote.com/myballot
• Call the Registrar of Voters at 714-567-7600
• Requests must be received no later than March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
• Voters with disabilities, or particularized needs, who are unable to download or cast an electronic ballot, should call the Registrar of Voters at 714-567-7600 no later than April 3, 2020 to discuss options for casting a ballot in this election.
Registrar of Voters